How the budget function works
- The budget function tallies up expenses belonging to your chosen category. Incoming transactions are not included.
- A recurring budget can be repeated every month or every year. To stop a budget from recurring, click on edit budget, and toggle the recurring option to switch it off.
- The recommended amount you can spend is based on the amount you’ve marked, minus what you’ve spent in the category, spread out over the days left in the month or year.
- Whenever monthly budgets are added, the budget begins on the 1st of the month, regardless of when you started the budget.
- Whenever annual budgets are added, the budget runs from 1st Jan – 31st Dec of that year, regardless of when you started the budget.
- Annual budget progress is captured at the end of each month, so you can see exactly how your spending differs from month to month for these budgets.
- You will not be able to add backdated budgets.
- You may view older budgets up to 6 months ago.
If you change the location of your app, the budget set will not be converted to the new currency. We suggest you adjust the budget amount to reflect the new currency.